5G Network Slicing is set to be a key enabler for the next generation of communication services, with a wide range of potential market verticals and use cases. This short course will explore the commercial aspects of network slicing, before moving focus towards the technical perspective. This includes consideration of the architectural aspects of network slicing, as well as network slice instantiation, management and utilization.
This course will contain the following topics:
- Network Slicing Concepts:
- Slice Characteristics.
- Network Slicing Verticals and Use Cases.
- Network Slicing Architectural Considerations:
- Communication Services.
- Network Slice Selection Function.
- Network Data Analytics Function.
- Slice Identification.
- Network Slice Management:
- Network Slice Provisioning.
- Network Slice Instance Allocation.
- Additional Management Activities.
- Network Slice Utilization.