Wi-Fi System Engineering
As service providers try to deal with our unquenchable thirst for Internet connectivity, the role of Wi-Fi has grown from a simple wireless LAN technology to a critical element of the communication mix. This course therefore focuses on the IEEE 802.11 family of technologies and in so doing, explains the architecture and operation of a Wi-Fi network. In addition, the enhancements of security and QoS are also explored.
Click on the links below for a more detailed breakdown of each module.
- Wi-Fi Architecture Fundamentals - In Principle
- Wi-Fi Basic Configurations - In Principle
- 802.11 Physical Layers - In Principle
- 802.11 MAC Layer - In Principle
- What Is Wi-Fi Used For? - In Principle
- Reference Document - Wi-Fi Architecture
- Test of Understanding - Wi-Fi Architecture
- Wi-Fi Operation Fundamentals - In Principle
- Coordination & Interframe Spacing - In Principle
- Finding a Wi-Fi Network - In Principle
- Finding a Wi-Fi Network - In Practice
- Joining a Wi-Fi Network - In Principle
- Joining a Wi-Fi Network - In Practice
- Wi-Fi Mobility - In Principle
- Reference Document - Wi-Fi Operation
- Test of Understanding - Wi-Fi Operation
- Wi-Fi Security & QoS Fundamentals - In Principle
- 802.11i & WPA - In Principle
- Wi-Fi & IPSec - In Principle
- Wi-Fi Quality of Service - In Principle
- Reference Document - Wi-Fi Security and QoS
- Test of Understanding - Wi-Fi Security & QoS Fundamentals
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Wi-Fi Offload
- LTE System Engineering
- IMS and PCC System Engineering
This course has been independently assessed and accredited by both the ITP (Institute of Telecommunications Professionals) and the CPD Standards Office (Continuing Professional Development). Their marks of excellence awarded to Mpirical provides you with the recognition that the learning you have completed conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal training record. Our certified courses mean you can be certain you’re receiving the highest quality training. Both the ITP and the CPD use independent specialists to regularly assess all our products and services. Including our Learning.
The ITP is the UK’s leading independent institution for people who work in telecommunications. It is dedicated to promoting the professional development of members through Professional Registration, training, mentoring and qualifications. The ITP collaborates with regulators, government associations and other leading bodies on projects that are important to the future of the industry. It has worked with businesses including; BT, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei and Vodafone.
By providing independent accreditation, the CPD improve the quality of continuing professional development. Their marks of excellence for training providers demonstrate to individual professionals that the learning activity conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal record. Find out more about your certification at:
Mpirical classes have been developed in accordance with the technical specifications published by the 3GPP. As such the 3GPP have granted Mpirical Limited the right to use the 3GPP logo to identify specifications, compliant products and services.