SS7 and Sigtran
Originally designed for TDM based transport, SS7 is the foundation of signalling within PSTN and PLMN networks. This course will catalogue the operation of SS7, both from an architectural and procedural perspective. Key focus will be placed on the operation of the MTP lower layers, as well as analysis of SCCP and ISUP. In addition, this course will also focus on the transport of SS7 across IP based transport networks. As part of this, the Sigtran User Adaptation layers will be examined, as well as the operation of SCTP.
Click on the links below for a more detailed breakdown of each module.
- SS7 Fundamentals - In Principle
- SS7 Fundamentals - In Practice
- SS7 Terminology - In Principle
- MTP Level 1 - In Principle
- MTP Level 2 - In Principle
- MTP Level 3 - In Principle
- MTP - In Practice
- Signalling Connection Control Part - In Principle
- Signalling Connection Control Part - In Practice
- ISDN User Part - In Principle
- ISDN User Part - In Practice
- Application Parts - In Principle
- Application Parts - In Practice
- Reference Document - SS7
- Test of Understanding - SS7
- Sigtran Fundamentals - In Principle
- Sigtran Fundamentals - In Practice
- Sigtran Architecture and Deployment - In Principle
- SCTP Concepts and Terminology - In Principle
- SCTP Association Management - In Principle
- SCTP Data Forwarding - In Practice
- User Adaptation Concepts - In Principle
- User Adaptation Layers - In Principle
- M3UA - In Principle
- M3UA Data Packets - In Practice
- Reference Document - Sigtran
- Test of Understanding - Sigtran
- Packet Transport Networks
- LTE Protocols
This course has been independently assessed and accredited by both the ITP (Institute of Telecommunications Professionals) and the CPD Standards Office (Continuing Professional Development). Their marks of excellence awarded to Mpirical provides you with the recognition that the learning you have completed conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal training record. Our certified courses mean you can be certain you’re receiving the highest quality training. Both the ITP and the CPD use independent specialists to regularly assess all our products and services. Including our Learning.
The ITP is the UK’s leading independent institution for people who work in telecommunications. It is dedicated to promoting the professional development of members through Professional Registration, training, mentoring and qualifications. The ITP collaborates with regulators, government associations and other leading bodies on projects that are important to the future of the industry. It has worked with businesses including; BT, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei and Vodafone.
By providing independent accreditation, the CPD improve the quality of continuing professional development. Their marks of excellence for training providers demonstrate to individual professionals that the learning activity conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal record. Find out more about your certification at:
Mpirical classes have been developed in accordance with the technical specifications published by the 3GPP. As such the 3GPP have granted Mpirical Limited the right to use the 3GPP logo to identify specifications, compliant products and services.