Introduction to VoLTE
As IMS based VoLTE becomes the prevalent voice service enabler for 4G, this short course is designed to introduce the main concepts behind today’s VoLTE networks. VoLTE will be considered on an end to end basis, with focus on the architecture required, as well as key aspects such as initial procedures, call establishment and interworking.
Click on the links below for a more detailed breakdown of each module.
- Concepts and Drivers
- VoLTE Concepts and Drivers - In Principle
- SIP and Diameter - In Principle
- VoLTE End to End Architecture
- VoLTE End to End Architecture - In Principle
- VoLTE Procedures
- VoLTE Initial Procedures - In Principle
- VoLTE Call Procedures - Part 1 - In Principle
- VoLTE Call Procedures - Part 2 - In Principle
- Interworking - In Principle
- Resources & Test of Understanding
- Reference Document - Introduction to VoLTE
- Test of Understanding - Introduction to VoLTE