In a bid to improve both network capacity and data throughput, service providers are increasingly turning to Wi-Fi as a viable addition to their network. This course explains how Wi-Fi Offload is supported in terms of providing a seamless transition between the two radio technologies, tracking the architecture required, the mobility options and the fundamental concepts of operation.
Click on the links below for a more detailed breakdown of each module.
- Wi-Fi Offload Architecture Fundamentals - In Principle
- Host Based Mobility - In Principle
- Network Based Mobility - In Principle
- Trusted Non-3GPP Access - In Principle
- Reference Document - Wi-Fi Offload Architecture
- Test of Understanding - Wi-Fi Offload Architecture
- Wi-Fi Offload Initial Procedures Fundamentals - In Principle
- Network Discovery - In Principle
- Initial Attach (Part 1) - In Principle
- Initial Attach (Part 2) - In Principle
- Initial Attach (Part 3) - In Principle
- Reference Document - Wi-Fi Offload Initial Procedures
- Test of Understanding - Wi-Fi Offload Initial Procedures
- Wi-Fi Offload Mobility and Interworking Fundamentals - In Principle
- Wi-Fi Mobility - In Principle
- Wi-Fi to LTE Handover - In Principle
- LTE to Wi-Fi Handover-In Principle
- Reference Document - Wi-Fi Offload Mobility and Interworking
- Test of Understanding - Wi-Fi Offload Mobility and Interworking
- WiFi Calling
- LTE System Engineering
- Packet Transport Networks
This course has been independently assessed and accredited by both the ITP (Institute of Telecommunications Professionals) and the CPD Standards Office (Continuing Professional Development). Their marks of excellence awarded to Mpirical provides you with the recognition that the learning you have completed conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal training record. Our certified courses mean you can be certain you’re receiving the highest quality training. Both the ITP and the CPD use independent specialists to regularly assess all our products and services. Including our Learning.
The ITP is the UK’s leading independent institution for people who work in telecommunications. It is dedicated to promoting the professional development of members through Professional Registration, training, mentoring and qualifications. The ITP collaborates with regulators, government associations and other leading bodies on projects that are important to the future of the industry. It has worked with businesses including; BT, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei and Vodafone.
By providing independent accreditation, the CPD improve the quality of continuing professional development. Their marks of excellence for training providers demonstrate to individual professionals that the learning activity conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal record. Find out more about your certification at:
Mpirical classes have been developed in accordance with the technical specifications published by the 3GPP. As such the 3GPP have granted Mpirical Limited the right to use the 3GPP logo to identify specifications, compliant products and services.