LTE Carrier Aggregation and MIMO
Focusing on the enhancements brought about by the introduction of LTE Advanced, this course explains the modifications and benefits to the air interface in terms of supporting carrier aggregation and MIMO. In so doing, the key carrier aggregation procedures are explored, including the impact this has had on mobility within the network. MIMO and it’s impact and usage within LTE is also a key topic which is explored.
Click on the links below for a more detailed breakdown of each module.
- LTE-Advanced Evolution Fundamentals - In Principle
- LTE-Advanced Release 10 Features - Part 1 - In Principle
- LTE-Advanced Release 10 Features - Part 2 - In Principle
- LTE-Advanced Release 11 Features - In Principle
- LTE-Advanced Release 12 Features - In Principle
- Reference Document - LTE-Advanced Fundamentals
- Test of Understanding - LTE Advanced Fundamentals
- Carrier Aggregation Fundamentals - In Principle
- Carrier Aggregation Terminology - In Principle
- Carrier Aggregation Evolution - In Principle
- UE Capabilities for Carrier Aggregation - In Principle
- UE Capabilities for Carrier Aggregation - In Practice
- Carrier Aggregation Operation - In Principle
- Carrier Aggregation Operation - In Practice
- Carrier Aggregation Mobility - In Principle
- Carrier Aggregation Mobility - In Practice
- Reference Document - Carrier Aggregation
- Test of Understanding - Carrier Aggregation
- MIMO Fundamentals - In Principle
- LTE MIMO Transmission Modes - In Principle
- MIMO in LTE - Part 1 - In Principle
- MIMO in LTE - Part 2 - In Principle
- MIMO Operation - In Principle
- MIMO Operation - In Practice
- Reference Document - MIMO Enhancements
- Test of Understanding - MIMO Enhancements
- Self Organizing Networks
This course has been independently assessed and accredited by both the ITP (Institute of Telecommunications Professionals) and the CPD Standards Office (Continuing Professional Development). Their marks of excellence awarded to Mpirical provides you with the recognition that the learning you have completed conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal training record. Our certified courses mean you can be certain you’re receiving the highest quality training. Both the ITP and the CPD use independent specialists to regularly assess all our products and services. Including our Learning.
The ITP is the UK’s leading independent institution for people who work in telecommunications. It is dedicated to promoting the professional development of members through Professional Registration, training, mentoring and qualifications. The ITP collaborates with regulators, government associations and other leading bodies on projects that are important to the future of the industry. It has worked with businesses including; BT, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei and Vodafone.
By providing independent accreditation, the CPD improve the quality of continuing professional development. Their marks of excellence for training providers demonstrate to individual professionals that the learning activity conforms to best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal record. Find out more about your certification at:
Mpirical classes have been developed in accordance with the technical specifications published by the 3GPP. As such the 3GPP have granted Mpirical Limited the right to use the 3GPP logo to identify specifications, compliant products and services.