Introduction to Small Cells
As small cells continue to be deployed in order to augment the service provider’s RAN coverage, this course covers the main considerations associated with small cell solutions. This includes the benefits of small cell deployment, as well as the supporting architecture required. The course also discusses the remote management of small cells and also the requirements for the backhaul network, including focus on SON.
Click on the links below for a more detailed breakdown of each module.
- Fundamentals of Small Cells - In Principle
- Small Cell Benefits - In Principle
- End to End Architecture - In Principle
- Operator Deployed Small Cells - In Principle
- Management and Control of Small Cells - In Principle
- Backhaul Considerations - In Principle
- SON and Small Cells - In Principle
- Reference Document - Introduction to Small Cells
- Test of Understanding - Introduction to Small Cells
- LTE Air Interface Operation
- LTE Carrier Aggregation and MIMO