- Duration: 1 day or 6 hours
- Level: Level 4
Divided into 3 sections, the topics covered will include:
Section 1: Introduction to EGPRS2 (1 hour)
- Evolved EDGE - The Commercial Drivers and Implications.
- Evolved EDGE - Feature Set Review and Upgrade Path Options.
- Performance Analysis - EGPRS, HSPA, HSPA+ and LTE.
Section 2: The Feature Set (2.5 hours)
- Latency Reduction - Fast Ack / Nack and “Piggy Backing”.
- Downlink Dual Carrier - Impact on MS and BTS.
- Higher Order Modulation - 16QAM and 32QAM.
- Increased Symbol Rate - EGPRS2-A and EGPRS2-B.
- Receiver Diversity in the Mobile.
Section 3: EGPRS2 Resource Allocation and Operation (2.5 hours)
- The Modified GPRS Air Interface Protocols - RLC and MAC.
- EGPRS2 Operation - Modifications and Capabilities.
- Coding Puncturing and Interleaving - DAS, DBS, UAS and UBS.
- Interworking with Legacy Networks - EGPRS and GPRS.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Radio Network Engineers and Research and Development Staff requiring a focused explanation of the key features introduced through Evolved EDGE.